Main point: Jesus taught us how to love one another.
Bible story: Early Church ● Acts 2:42-47
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (Jesus, the people who became the Church)
- What happened in the Bible story? (There were people who believed that Jesus is alive and they became the Church. They wanted to love people the way Jesus loved them. They loved others like Jesus taught them to.)
- Are we part of the Church too? (yes)
- How did the Church love others? (ate meals together, prayed together, shared with each other)
- Has Jesus taught us how to love one another? (yes)
Family Activity: Watercolor Heart
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, watercolor paint, paintbrushes, bowl of water
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child. Then fill one bowl with water and place it on a table with the paint and paintbrushes.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to paint the heart on their page.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “You have a beautiful heart on your paper. Written inside is the memory verse. Let’s say it together, ‘I am alive for ever and ever,’ Revelation 1:18. Use the watercolor paints to fill your heart with beautiful colors. Then we’ll let it dry and put it somewhere to help you remember the verse!”
- After the Activity: “Let’s say our memory verse one more time! ‘I am alive for ever and ever,’ Revelation 1:18. The heart on your page will also help us remember Jesus taught us how to love one another. Jesus is alive and we can love others like He does! Now remind me… Who is alive?” (Jesus is alive.)