Main point: Jesus teaches at the temple.
Bible story: Jesus Teaches at the Temple ● Luke 2:41-50
Happy New Year, eKidz families! 🎉This week, join us for church online — we can’t wait to see you back at one of our physical locations or online again next week!
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, Mary, Joseph)
- What happened in the Bible story? (Mary and Joseph were looking for Jesus everywhere. When they found Jesus, He was talking about God to grown-ups. Everyone
who heard what Jesus said was amazed because He was only 12 years old!)
- How did the grown-ups feel when Jesus talked to them about God? (amazed)
- Who is amazing? (Jesus)
- The grown-ups were amazed at how much Jesus knew. Is Jesus’ teaching amazing? (yes)
Family Activity: Dance and Listen
WHAT YOU NEED: Quest Worship Playlist
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Play a song from the Quest Worship Playlist and encourage your child to dance while you count to 12. When you reach 12, instruct your child to freeze. Repeat as many times as desired.
- After the Activity: Talk about how you danced to the number 12 and explain Jesus was only 12 years old when Mary and Joseph found Him talking with grown-ups about God.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Use your listening ears, I will count to 12 while you dance. When your listening ears hear me get to 12, I want you to FREEZE! Are you ready to dance and listen? Let’s go! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10, 11, 12! Freeze! (Pause.) Awesome! Let’s do it again! (Repeat as many times as desired.) That was so much fun. You have some awesome dance moves!”
After the Activity: “In our Bible story today, Jesus was talking with grown-ups about God when He was only 12 years old, and they were amazed at what He knew. Jesus was so wise and knew so much about God. Jesus is God’s Son, and Jesus is AMAZING! Who is amazing?” (Jesus is amazing.)