Main point: Jesus teaches us to help others.
Bible story: Good Samaritan ● Luke 10:25-37
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- “While the man was walking, did robbers come and hurt him or help him?” (hurt him)
- “When the first and second people walked by, did they help the hurt man?” (no)
- “The third person who walked by was a Samaritan man. Did he help the hurt man?” (yes)
- “Did the Samaritan man take care of the hurt man?” (yes)
- “Who told this story about the Samaritan man?” (Jesus)
- “Jesus told this story to teach us something important. Was it to teach us to help others?” (yes)
- “Who is someone you can help?” (family, friends, teachers, neighbors, etc.)
Family Activity: Let’s Tell A Story
WHAT YOU NEED: activity pages, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity pages and encourage your child to color them.
- During the Activity: After your child is finished coloring the pictures, explain that you will make up a story! First, show your child the pictures. Give them a sentence or two to help them get started. Then encourage the children to tell/create a story about what they see in the pictures.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “I LOVE to tell stories! Let’s make up a story of our own. Do you see these pictures? What is happening in this picture? (Hold up one of the pictures.) Let’s create a story based on what we see in the pictures!”
- After the Activity: “You are a GREAT storyteller! Jesus often told stories to teach us important things. Today, we heard a story Jesus told about a man who needed help. The Samaritan man helped him! Jesus told this story to teach us to help others. It’s one of the REALLY important things Jesus teaches us! Who teaches you important things?” (Jesus teaches me important things.)