Main point: Jesus wants me to tell others He is alive.
Bible story: Great Commission ● Matthew 28:19-20
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (Jesus, Jesus’ friends)
- Where were Jesus’ and His friends? (on a mountain)
- What happened in the Bible story? (Jesus told His friends to tell everyone that He loves them. Then Jesus rose up into the sky and left. Two angels told them Jesus would come back one day.)
- How did Jesus’ friends feel? (amazed, glad)
- Jesus told His friends to tell everyone about Him. Does Jesus want us to tell others that He is alive? (yes)
Family Activity: Travel and Tell
WHAT YOU NEED: activity pages
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity pages and place them around the room.
- During the Activity: Lead your child in walking to each activity page around the room and repeat the memory verse with the motions.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “In our Bible story, we learned Jesus wants us to go and tell everyone, everywhere, that Jesus is alive and wants to be their friend forever. Let’s get ready to travel and tell!Follow me! (Walk to the picture of a grandma.) There’s someone’s grandma! Let’s tell her our memory verse. ‘I am alive (point up) for ever and ever,’ (twirl around) Revelation 1:18. (Open hands like a book.) Bye!Let’s go tell someone else. Follow me to the grocery store. (Walk to the picture of the grocery store clerk.) Hey, there’s the grocery clerk. Let’s tell him the good news. ‘I am alive (point up) for ever and ever,’ (twirl around) Revelation 1:18. (Open hands like a book.) Bye, sir!Let’s go tell someone else. Follow me to the playground. (Walk to the picture of the playground.) Hey, there are friends playing in the sandbox! ‘I am alive (point up) for ever and ever,’ (twirl around) Revelation 1:18. Bye, playground friends!”
- After the Activity: “You did a great job of telling everyone, everywhere, Jesus is alive! Who is alive?” (Jesus is alive.)