Main point: Jesus wants to be our friend forever.
Bible story: Breakfast on the Beach ● John 21:1-14
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- When Jesus came back, did He want to spend time with His friends? (yes)
- What were they doing? (fishing)
- Who did they see on the shore? (Jesus)
- When they got to the shore, was Jesus making breakfast or dinner? (breakfast)
- Did Jesus eat breakfast by Himself? (no)
- Did Jesus eat breakfast with His friends? (yes)
- Jesus wants to be your friend, too! Who wants to be your friend forever? (Jesus)
Family Activity: Jesus Is With You, Always
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
- During the Activity: Point out the speech bubble on the activity page and explain it is this month’s memory verse. Repeat it together. Then encourage your child to color the picture and draw some of Jesus’ friends who ate breakfast with Him on the beach.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Do you see Jesus here? Right here, Jesus says, ‘I am with you always.’ That’s your memory verse! Jesus spoke these words to remind us that He is always with us! In the story today, He met His friends on the beach! They were so excited to see Him. Let’s add some sand around the fire and Jesus to make it look like a beach.”
- After the Activity: “I’m so glad that Jesus wants to be our friend forever! There is NO better friend than Jesus. Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)