Main point: On day five, God made the birds and fish.
Bible story: Birds and Fish ● Genesis 1:20-21
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- On days one and two, what did God create? (light and dark, and sky and water)
- On days three and four, what did God create? (land, plants, and sea, and the sun, moon, and stars)
- What did God create to swim in the sea? (fish)
- What did God create to fly above the land? (birds)
- Did God create all the birds and fish to look the same, or be colorful and different? (colorful and different)
- What day did God create fish and birds? (day five)
Family Activity: Tweet and Swim
WHAT YOU NEED: blankets and bedsheets
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Pretend to be birds and make nests with the blankets and bedsheets. Make sure you have enough room to walk around the nests. Once your nests are made, sit in them and read the prompts in the “What You Say” section below. When you’re done, stand up and pretend to be fish as you “swim” around the nests while saying the prompts below.
- After the Activity: Talk with your child about how God made the birds and fish.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “We get to be birds and fish today! Are you excited?”
- During the Activity:
- “Let’s pretend we’re birds. We can make nests with these blankets. (Help make the nests.) Now let’s sit in our nests. Oooh, this is fun! I’m a little bird. I fly and sing. Tweet, tweet, tweet! Say that with me. (Repeat with your child a few times.) I’m a little bird. I fly and sing. Tweet, tweet, tweet!”
- “Now let’s pretend we’re fish! Stand up and swim like a fish with me. (Swim around the nests together.) I’m a little fish. I swim around. Swim! Swim! Swim! Say that with me. (Repeat with your child a few times.) I’m a little fish. I swim around. Swim! Swim! Swim!”
- After the Activity: “God made all the birds and God made all the fish. God made everything! Who made everything?” (God made everything.)