Main point: On day six, God made animals and people.
Bible story: Animals and People ● Genesis 1:24-31
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- What did God create on day six? (animals and people)
- What did God create first on day six? (animals)
- After He made the animals, what did God create? (people)
- What was God’s most special creation? (people)
- What was the first man’s name? (Adam)
- What was the first woman named? (Eve)
Family Activity: Animal Care
WHAT YOU NEED: a few stuffed animals, blankets, play food bowls/dishes, hairbrushes
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Set the supplies out in the space where you and your child will do the activity.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to use the supplies to take care of the stuffed animals. Help them make beds for the animals using the blankets, “feed” the animals with imaginary food from the dishes, and brush their fur using the brushes.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “We just heard a Bible story about how God made animals, right? Now we’re going to take care of some animals that God created.”
- During the Activity: “Let’s take care of the animals! We can make beds for them, feed them, and brush their fur.” (Do the activity.)
- After the Activity: “Great job! We took care of the animals just like we take care of ourselves and each other. You know, God didn’t just make animals and people. He made everything! Who made everything?” (God made everything.)