Main point: On days three and four, God made the land, plants, and seas, and the sun, moon, and stars.
Bible story: Land, Plants, and Seas; Sun, Moon, and Stars ● Genesis 1:9-19
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (God)
- On day three, what did God make? (land, plants, and seas)
- On day four, what did God put in the sky for daytime? (the sun)
- On day four, what did God put in the sky for nighttime? (the moon and stars)
- Did God make everything? (yes)
Family Activity: Star Jump
WHAT YOU NEED: star sticky notes or star cutouts and painters tape
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: If using star cutouts, put one loop of painters tape on the back of each star cutout.
- During the Activity: Instruct your child to stand in front of a wall. Give them a star and encourage them to jump up and stick it to the wall. Repeat until all stars are used or for as long as your child is interested. Then encourage your child to sit or lie down and look at all the stars.
- After the Activity: Talk about how God created all the stars in the sky.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Friends, join me over here. We’re going to play a game with these stars.”
- During the Activity: “When I count to three, I want you to jump up as high as you can and stick a star to the wall. One, two, three, jump! (Pause.) Wow, great job! Let’s do it again. Here’s another star. (Pass out star.) One, two, three, jump! (Repeat as desired.) Great job! Okay, now let’s sit or lie down on the floor, and let’s look at the stars. (Pause.) There are so many!”
- After the Activity: “We’re learning that God made the whole world and everything in it. Today, we learned that on day four, God made something bright and beautiful. God said, ‘Let there be lights in the sky!’ God made the sun, then God made the moon and stars for the nighttime. God looked at the sun and moon and stars and saw that it was GOOD. Who made everything?” (God made everything.)