Main point: The wise men come to see God’s Son.
Bible story: The Wise Men ● Matthew 2:1-2; 2:9-11
Merry Christmas, eKidz families! This week, we’re celebrating that God gave us His Son, Jesus. We’ll celebrate Jesus’ birthday by learning about some very special people who visited Jesus after He was born. We know God loves us because He gave us His Son, Jesus. Happy Birthday, Jesus!
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- “Today, we learned about some people who traveled to see Jesus. What were they called?” (The wise men)
- “Did the wise men follow a star or a sign?” (star)
- “When the wise men found Jesus, did they worship Him?” (yes)
- “What did the wise men bring with them to give to Jesus?” (gifts)
- “The wise men came to see God’s Son. God loves us so much that He gave us Jesus. How do we know God loves us?” (God gave us Jesus.)
Family Activity: “W” Is For Wise Men
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child. Encourage your child to color the “W” and review the Bible story.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Trace each line and connect the dots on your page. We’ll see which letter it makes!”
- After the Activity: “Great job! What letter do you see? (Pause.) Yes! It’s a ‘W!’ Great job. ‘W’ is for Wise Men. The wise men followed the star, and it led them to Jesus. The wise men knew Jesus was very special and that He was the one God sent to show His love to everyone. How do we know God loves us?” (God gave us Jesus.)