Main point: We can love like Jesus.
Bible story: The Church ● Hebrews 10:23-25
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (the first church)
- Did the first church pray together or pick apples together? (pray together)
- Did the first church only eat by themselves or did they eat meals together? (they ate meals together)
- Did the people in the first church love like Jesus by sharing with each other? (Yes)
- Can you love like Jesus? (Yes)
Family Activity: Prayers For Friends
WHAT YOU NEED: paper, pen or washable marker
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Set the piece of paper on the table and instruct your child to place one hand with fingers splayed out flat on the page. Trace around your child’s hand. Then ask them to name one friend they would like to pray for this week and write that name on the handprint.
- After the Activity: Talk about how when you pray for your friends, you are being the church.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “I want you to pick a piece of paper, and I’ll trace around your hand. As I’m tracing, I want you to think of one friend you would like to pray for this week.” (Trace your child’s hand and write their friend’s name on it.)
- After the Activity: “Jesus loves us all and He wants to be our friend forever. We can love like Jesus and pray for our friends because WE are the church! Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)