Main point: We celebrate our friend, Jesus.
Bible story: Palm Sunday ● Matthew 21:1-11, 15-16
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- What did Jesus ride on into Jerusalem? (a donkey)
- Were the people walking around Jerusalem excited or angry to see Jesus? (excited)
- Did the people wave flowers or palm branches to celebrate Jesus? (palm branches)
- Did the people use blankets or coats to make a special road for Jesus to ride on? (coats)
- What did they shout when they celebrated Jesus? (Hosanna!)
- Can you celebrate Jesus, just like the people in Jerusalem did? (yes)
Family Activity: Palm Leaf Dot-To-Dot
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
- During the Activity: Point out the dots on the page and show your child how to draw lines to connect one dot to another. As they finish, ask them what shape they see on the page (a leaf). Encourage them to color the leaf with the crayons.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Let’s use a crayon to connect the dots on the page, like this. What shape do you see? (Pause.) Yes, a leaf! Let’s color our palm leaves.”
- After the Activity: “That was so fun! The people waved their palm branches to celebrate Jesus! He’s the BEST friend ever. Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)