Hey eKidz volunteers! The October eKidz Update is here! Each month, you’ll receive a text with a link to view the update, which contains your monthly volunteer devotional, ministry updates, and other fun resources. Continue reading for all the October news!
OCTOBER eKIDZ UPDATE
OCTOBER VOLUNTEER DEVOTIONAL
It’s October, eKidz volunteers!
This time of year brings a lot of change, from cooler temperatures and leaf colors to the approach of end-of-year holidays (and all the chao… — uh, “fun” — that comes with them 😉).
Even with all the excitement those changes bring, WE’RE most grateful for something that doesn’t change — your consistent presence in eKidz. By being someone our kids know and can rely on, you’re making a greater impact than you can possibly measure, and we’re so thankful.
And speaking of relying on someone, our kids will be learning about three essential values this month that will help them rely on God. This topic isn’t just important for kids, though! We all need to rely on God, so we’ve put together a 5-day devotional just for YOU to help you grow while also getting familiar with what Safari, Quest, and Motion will be learning.
SEE WHAT GOD CAN DO THROUGH… YOU!
Each time you serve in eKidz, God is using YOU! While on any given Sunday you might feel both exhausted and refreshed, when we teach, pray for, and invest in the next generation, we are making a difference in the lives of others. What an honor!
Do you know someone who hasn’t yet found their spot to serve? Has God given them gifts and abilities they can use to make an eternal impact in the lives of children and families? Invite them to serve and see what God can do through them!
And any time you have a win while serving in eKidz with an individual child or group, we’d love to hear about it! Email email@example.com to let us know. Sharing wins is a great way we can all keep each other encouraged and motivated week in and week out 🥳
👀 SNEAK PEEK…
Check out the new eKidz VIP gift launching in January 2023! When a new family stops at your campus connection area on their way out of church, each family member — adults AND kids — will receive a VIP shirt! And we may be partial, but we think the eKidz ones look 💥
Let us know your child’s age and their favorite thing about eKidz for a chance to win one of these new shirts. Don’t have kids? We don’t want you to miss the fun! Tell us your name and favorite thing about eKidz for a chance to win a limited adult-sized print. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the faces you see each week!
Safari and Quest Writer
- What is your biggest fear? Pretty much any insect that stings. But especially bees. 😳
- What book are you reading right now?
Non-Fiction: “Garden City” by John Mark Comer, “Lincoln’s Virtues: An Ethical Biography” by William Lee Miller
- If you had $100 and the day to yourself, what would you do? Go to the beach! On the way, I’d stop by a local coffee shop and a used bookstore to grab a book I can read while I’m there.
- Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What do you want to be when you grow up? An author! I loved to write and I dreamed of writing all kinds of books and novels.
- Name three words that describe you. Friendly, Adventurous, Learner
- What is your favorite part of being on the eKidz team? Gosh, it’s hard to pick a favorite! I love being able to teach kids about Jesus in so many FUN ways, and I love that we get to do it with the best volunteers in the world!
- What is your biggest fear? Swimming in the ocean and encountering a shark. NO BUENO.
- What book are you reading right now? Defiance of the Fall
- If you had $100 and the day to yourself, what would you do? Probably take my wife to a nice restaurant for a new culinary experience
- Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What do you want to be when you grow up? A pitcher in Major League Baseball
- Name three words that describe you. Reserved, empathetic, agreeable
- What is your favorite part of being on the eKidz team? Getting to create fun and engaging content for kids. When I was a kid, church content was NOT fun. I’d give a runner’s-up nod to the amazing people I get to work with!
eKidz Ministry Leader
- What is your biggest fear? Clowns
- What book are you reading right now? Generation Alpha: Understanding Our Children and Helping Them Thrive
- If you had $100 and the day to yourself, what would you do? Hire someone to clean my house so I could read and work in the garden (and grab lunch from Greco Fresh! 😋)
- Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher
- Name three words that describe you. Decisive, resourceful, loyal
- What is your favorite part of being on the eKidz team? Leading passionate people who love serving kids and families and finding creative and engaging ways to encourage families to learn about Jesus and grow in their faith.
Instructional Video Links
Each week prior to serving, spend 10-15 minutes and use the weekly eKidz instructional videos to prepare to serve kids and families with excellence. Videos for the upcoming Sunday are available each Wednesday at noon.