Main point: I can trust God.
Bible story: Nothing Can Separate Us From God’s Love ● Romans 8:38-39
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- In today’s Bible story, did we learn that nothing can separate us from God’s love? (yes)
- Does God love you no matter what or only sometimes? (no matter what)
- Does God only love you when you’re happy? (no)
- Does God love you even when you’re feeling grumpy? (yes)
- Does God only love you when you’re at home? (no)
- Does God love you no matter where you go? (yes)
- Can you trust God because nothing can separate you from His love? (yes)
Family Activity: Frame It
WHAT YOU NEED: Activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
– During the Activity: Encourage them to draw a picture of themselves in the middle of the frame.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity: “Let’s decorate a frame that you can use to remind you that God loves you no matter what. Nothing can separate you from His love!”
– During the Activity: “Look at your frame and point to the heart in the corner. (Pause.) That heart says, ‘I can trust God.’ Now color the heart and the picture frame. (Pause.) Great job!”
– After the Activity: “God loves you no matter what. God loves you when you’re happy, sad, or grumpy. He loves you if you’re at your grandma’s or at the doctor. God loves you all the time. You can trust God because nothing will ever separate you from His love. Who can trust God?” (I can trust God.)