Main point: Jesus is born.
Bible story: Jesus Born In A Stable ● Luke 2:1-7
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- “Who was Mary going to be married to?” (Joseph)
- “Did Mary and Joseph travel to a town called Bartholomew or Bethlehem?” (Bethlehem)
- “When Mary and Joseph got to Bethlehem, did they find an inn to sleep in?” (no)
- “Where did one innkeeper let them sleep?” (in his stable)
- “Who was born in the stable?” (Jesus)
- “Did Mary lay Jesus in a manger or on a motorcycle?” (in a manger)
- “God loves us so much, He gave us Jesus. How do we know God loves us?” (God gave us Jesus.)
Family Activity: “J” Is For Jesus Ornament
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers, yarn or an ornament hook, hole punch
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and cut out the ornament. Punch a hole where indicated on the ornament. Then cut a six-inch piece of yarn. Loop and knot the yarn through the hole.
- During the Activity: Give your child the ornament. Encourage them to color it and draw a picture of baby Jesus.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Let’s make an ornament to help us remember that God gave us Jesus. On your ornament is ‘J’ is for Jesus. Draw a picture of baby Jesus on your ornament. (Pause.) Now color the rest of the ornament.”
- After the Activity: “In today’s Bible story, we heard how Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem where Jesus was born in a stable. ‘J’ is for Jesus! God loves us so much that He gave us His Son. Your new ornament will help you remember that God loves us, and He gave us Jesus. How do we know God loves us?” (God gave us Jesus.)