Main point: We can love like Jesus.
Bible story: Do Everything In Love ● 1 Corinthians 16:14
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- During Bible time, Leshay read a verse in the Bible. Did this verse say to do everything in love or just some things? (everything)
- During the part where Luis the handy man told the Bible story, he said we can show love to the checkout worker at the store. How can you show love to them? (smiling and waving)
- Can you show love by being kind? (yes)
- Can you show love by sharing? (yes)
- If you see someone playing at the park all alone, how can you show love to them? (ask them to play)
- Jesus loves everyone! Can you love like Jesus and show love to everyone, too? (yes)
Family Activity: Love Like Jesus
WHAT YOU NEED: activity pages, scissors
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity pages and cut out the “Place Cards” by cutting along the dotted lines.
- During the Activity: Put the “Place Cards” face down in a stack on the floor or table. Encourage your child to pick a “Place Card” and name the location on the card. Once the place has been named, use “Ways to Love” to talk about how we can show love to everyone in that place. Continue the activity until all the “Place Cards” have been used.
- After the Activity: Talk about how we can love like Jesus when we do everything in love.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “I want you to take a card, look at the picture, and name the place in the picture. Then we will think of ways we can love like Jesus when we’re there.”
- After the Activity: “Great job! We can love like Jesus when we do everything in love. That means that no matter where we go, we should love everyone because Jesus loves everyone. Who loves everyone?” (Jesus loves everyone.)