As parents one way we can make our home a place where faith flourishes is by creating an environment of worship.
Paul tells us true worship is when we offer our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God (Romans 12:1-2). But God doesn’t need our praise; He isn’t incomplete or less worthy without it. So, why is worship important?
Worship reminds us:
- He’s a BIG God who will never leave us. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- He ALWAYS provides for our every need. (Philippians 4:19)
- He GIVES us peace in troubled times. (John 16:33)
- He LOVES us so much that He sent Jesus to take our place. (John 3:16)
By creating an environment of worship, we invite God to be a part of our everyday lives. Here’s a tips on how to do this in your home:
- Create a special place in your home where you go to pray and read the Bible.
- Play worship music softly in the background as you get ready for your day, cook, or clean.
- Post Bible verses on sticky notes throughout your home.
- Schedule time to do a family devotional together.
- Pray together in the mornings before everyone leaves for the day or at nighttime before bed.
When you make worship a priority in your home, you’re creating a place where your family can encounter God’s love and presence.