Whether you’ve already been enjoying all the pumpkin treats or you’re waiting until it gets closer to the holidays, this season brings tons of opportunities for families to slow down, have fun, and spend time together.
The activities don’t have to take much time, effort, or money; they can be as simple as you want them to be! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Go on a neighborhood walk. Make a game out of it with this scavenger hunt sheet. Whoever completes their sheet first wins!
- Have a picnic. Why not enjoy the weather at a local park with a packed lunch or dinner?
- Tailgate from home. Create your own tailgate in your front yard with lawn chairs and food. Invite friends and family over to watch a football game, or to make it extra fun, draft teams and play flag football!
- Have a bake-off. Gather friends and family, and bake different fall treats for everyone to try. (Ideas: pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, etc.)
- Do a science experiment. Check out sciencefun.org for all kinds of home experiments — including making a pumpkin erupt!
- Have a movie night. Pick a fun fall movie. Pull out the blankets and pillows, and grab your favorite movie treat.