Main point: I can be brave and help others.
Bible story: Esther ● Esther 2:21-8:17
To view this week’s video curriculum, visit the eKidz YouTube page.
As a family, read “Esther” (Esther 2:21-8:17) from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, discuss these questions together:
- “What happened in the Bible story? (Esther was chosen to be the queen. King Xerxes’s helper, Haman, tricked King Xerxe’s into making a law that could kill God’s people.)
- “Esther was brave and she helped God’s people. Can you be brave and help others too?” (yes)
This week, engage in everyday moments to continue the conversation:
- Morning Time: When you go into your child’s room, cuddle them and say, “Good morning, (child’s name)! No matter what happens today, God can help us be brave.”
- Cuddle Time: Cuddle with your child and pray, “God, help us see the people who need our help and help us be brave enough to help them.”
- Drive Time: While on the go, talk about different ways we can be brave and help others. Share about a time when someone was brave enough to help you.
- Bath Time: Ask your child to help you gather their things for bath time (e.g., towel, toys, clean clothes, etc.). During bath time, ask them to help you wash their hair and body. After bath time, ask them to help you clean up. When all is done, say, “Thank you for helping me. Sometimes it’s easy to help and other times we have to be brave to help. The good news is that God can help us be brave!”
Visit ParentCue.org for more resources.