Main point: I can be brave and trust God.
Bible story: Daniel and the Lions ● Daniel 6:1-23
To view this week’s video curriculum, visit the eKidz YouTube page.
As a family, read “Daniel and the Lions” (Daniel 6:1-23) from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, discuss these questions together:
- “What happened in the Bible story? (The king’s helpers told the king to make a new law not to pray to God. When Daniel kept praying to God, he was thrown into the lion’s den. When the king checked on Daniel the next morning, Daniel was safe!)
- “Daniel knew God would take care of him and he trusted God. Can you be brave and trust God too?” (yes)
This week, engage in everyday moments to continue the conversation:
- Morning Time: When you go into your child’s room, say, “Good morning! It’s time for my super kid to wake up and be strong and courageous!”
- Cuddle Time: Cuddle with your child and pray, “God, help us trust that You are with us even though sometimes all we can see are the things we are afraid of. Help us be brave no matter what, God. We love You!”
- Drive Time: While on the go, name different animals and make their sounds together. End with a lion. After you make the lion sound, talk about how Daniel trusted God and God helped Daniel be brave, even in a lions’ den.
- Bath Time: Add toy animals to bath time. Pretend with your child as you make the animals walk and talk. Talk about how Daniel was brave and only prayed to God, even though he would be thrown into a lions’ den.
Visit ParentCue.org for more resources.