Main point: I can thank God for family.
Bible story: Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz ● Ruth 1-2
To view this week’s video curriculum, visit the eKidz YouTube page.
As a family, read “Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz” (Ruth 1-2) from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, discuss these questions together:
- “What happened in the Bible story? (Naomi and Ruth didn’t have food or money. They went to Bethlehem where Ruth helped Naomi by getting food from a barley field. Boaz noticed Ruth, and he helped her.)
- “Boaz helped Naomi and Ruth, and they became family. Can you thank God for your family?” (yes)
This week, engage in everyday moments to continue the conversation:
- Morning Time: When you go into your child’s room, cuddle them and say: “Good morning, (child’s name)! Let’s start our day with telling God thanks for our family. Thank You for our family, God!”
- Cuddle Time: Cuddle with your child and pray, “God, You made everything! You made stars and volcanoes, oceans and animals, and all the people. That’s powerful! And when I remember how powerful You are and that You are with me, I can be brave!”
- Drive Time: While on the go, take turns naming people in your family. Each time you name someone, say this together: “Thank You, God, for (family member’s name).”
- Bath Time: Add several small floating items to the bath water (ping pong balls, Lego pieces, sponge pieces, etc). Give your child a plastic bowl and a large ladle or spoon to scoop the pieces with. Tell them to pretend they are Ruth gathering food. Talk about how Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz thanked God for their family, and we can thank God for our family too!
Visit ParentCue.org for more resources.