Main point: I can thank God for friends.
Bible story: David and Jonathan ● 1 Samuel 18:1-4
As a family, read “David and Jonathan” (1 Samuel 18:1-4) from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, discuss these questions together:
- “What happened in the Bible story? (Jonathan was King Saul’s son. Jonathan became friends with a man named David. They promised to always be friends.)
- “David and Jonathan were good friends. Can you thank God for your friends?” (yes)
To view this week’s video curriculum, visit the eKidz YouTube page.
This week, engage in everyday moments to continue the conversation:
- Morning Time: When you go into your child’s room, say: “Good morning, (child’s name)! Let’s start our day with telling God thanks for our friends. Thank You for our friends, God!”
- Cuddle Time: Cuddle with your child and pray: “God, thank You for our friends (names of your friends and your child’s friends). Help us to be a good friend to them by loving, helping, and sharing.”
- Drive Time: While on the go, ask your child to name their friends. Then ask them what they enjoy about their friends. Say out loud: “Thank You, God, for giving (child’s name) friends!”
- Bath Time: Tell your child to pick some toys for bath time. While your child plays with their toys, ask them to tell you about their friends they like to play with. Talk about how we can thank God for our friends.
Visit ParentCue.org for more resources.