Main point: I can trust what God says.
Bible story: Moses and the Sea ● Exodus 13:17-18, 14
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (God, Moses, the mean king’s army, God’s people)
- What happened in the Bible story? (While Moses was leading God’s people, the mean king’s army was coming to take them back to Egypt. God helped them cross the sea on dry land.)
- Who told Moses what to do when they were crossing the sea? (God)
- Did God keep them safe? (Yes)
- What did God’s people do when they crossed the sea? (they thanked God)
- When God told Moses what to do, Moses trusted God. Can you trust what God says too? (yes)
Family Activity: Follow the Leader
WHAT YOU NEED: pool noodle or empty tube
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Explain to your child that you will play Follow the Leader. Lead your child around the room as you hold the pool noodle or wrapping paper tube overhead like a staff. Take turns holding the staff with your child and leading each other around the room.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: (Hold up the pool noodle or wrapping paper tube.) “Let’s pretend this is a staff. I’ll hold up the staff and lead you around the room! Are you ready? Follow me and do what I do. (Pause.) Fantastic! Now it’s your turn! (Pause.) That was super fun!”
- After the Activity: “In our Bible story today, we learned about Moses who had a staff and he did what God said by leading God’s people. We can always trust what God says because He knows what’s best. Tell me, who knows what’s best for you?” (God knows what’s best for me!)