We’re Learning… God made me.
Bible Story: The First People ● Genesis 2
As a family, read “The First People” — Genesis 2 from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, complete the activity together:
Memory Verse Activity:
Activity Supplies: Safari Playlist
- Before the activity, practice saying the memory verse and doing the motions a few times.
- Play the Safari playlist and have a dance party to help your toddler remember the memory verse.
- After about 30 seconds, pause the music and encourage your toddler to stand very still or FREEZE.
- Lead them in saying the memory verse with these motions:
“Thank you (point up)
for making me (point to self)
so wonderfully… ” (point to smile)
Psalms 139:14 (open hands like a book)
- After saying the verse, turn the music on again and repeat the activity every 30 seconds for as long as your toddler is interested.
- After the activity, say, “Great job! Who made you?” Encourage your toddler to say, “God made me!”
📚ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚
In addition to reading stories from the Bible each week, we read toddlers a book that reinforces what they’re learning. This month, we’re reading The Day God Made You for Little Ones by Rory Feek. If you’re looking for a faith-based book to add to your child’s library at home, you can learn more about this month’s book HERE!