We’re Learning… I can give thanks to God.
Bible Story: Ten Lepers ● Luke 17:11-19
As a family, read “Ten Lepers” — Luke 17:11-19 from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, complete the activity together:
Memory Verse Activity:
Activity Supplies: Safari Playlist
- Before the activity, practice saying the memory verse and doing the motions a few times.
- Play the Safari playlist and have a dance party to help your toddler remember the memory verse.
- After about 30 seconds, pause the music and encourage your toddler to stand very still or FREEZE.
- Lead them in saying the memory verse with these motions:
“Give thanks (clap twice)
to the LORD… ” (point up)
Psalms 107:1 (open hands like a book)
- After saying the verse, turn the music on again and repeat the activity every 30 seconds for as long as your toddler is interested.
- After the activity, say, “Great job! Who can give thanks to God?” Encourage your toddler to say, “I can give thanks to God!”
📚ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚
In addition to reading stories from the Bible each Sunday, we also read a book together that reinforces what they’re learning. This month, we’re reading Thank You, God by Frolic First Faith. If you’re looking for a faith-based book to add to your child’s library at home, you can learn more about this month’s book HERE!