We’re Learning… I can give thanks to God.
Bible Story: Ten Lepers ● Luke 17:11-19
As a family, read “Ten Lepers” — Luke 17:11-19 from a children’s Bible. (CLICK HERE for children’s Bible recommendations.)
After reading the Bible story, complete the activity together:
- Say, “Let’s do an activity to give thanks to God for the many good things He gives us!”
- Read each prompt below and encourage your toddler to respond.
- “If you can thank God for all the yummy food you get to eat, pretend to eat your favorite snack!”
- “If you can thank God for all of your friends, give yourself a big hug!”
- “If you can thank God for your clothes, point to your shirt!”
- “If you can thank God for toys, pretend you’re playing with your favorite toy!”
- “If you can thank God for people who take care of you, give me a hug!”
- After the activity, say, “Great job! Who can give thanks to God?” Encourage your toddler to say, “I can give thanks to God!”
📚ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚
In addition to reading stories from the Bible each Sunday, we also read a book together that reinforces what they’re learning. This month, we’re reading Thank You, God by Frolic First Faith. If you’re looking for a faith-based book to add to your child’s library at home, you can learn more about this month’s book HERE!